Love First

So this has been brewing in my head and is 100% something I have been dealing with....and God is bringing to my awareness in myself....

Why when someone attacks me or someone or something that I love, why is my first response to attack back????

Doesn't God teach us:
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Matthew 22:36 -40
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

God is beginning to truly work on my heart to Love God and Love People no matter what.  I truly have to admit that some people are easier to love than others but Jesus didn't add a "but" or an "only if " to this commandment.  

I also can say that I can typically love others decently in person but He is working on me loving others well in my heart, in my quiet place....I am learning that if I am not doing this well, then I am opening the door to bitterness and resentment.

I truly want to glorify Him in all things, therefore my goal is to Love First instead of taking an attack personally and to attack back. A good friend of mine, sent this podcast the other day and wow!!!! it is amazing!  Listen when you have time.



It is truly better to seek understanding and compassion and to love first!  I know this, now I need to truly practice it all the time.

Comments

  1. Hello sister Michelle. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am so glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you, your family and about you being the founder of Grace Like Rain Ministries. I am truly blessed to know you, your family and about your ministry. I am also reminded by the Lord once again to love first . I am sorry I could not watch the video on Only Action Becomes Love because of the technical problem with the speakers of my computer but I subsequently I will watch this video when I am able to get rid of the speakers problem. But I am blessed and reminded by your post about loving first. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young grown up children to come to Mumbai alongwith their friends to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. God willing I would love to stop by your place and visit you to know more about your ministry called Grace Like Rain Ministries . Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and ministry also wishing you and your family a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts