40 Years Young

So today is my 40th!!!  This day is a day to celebrate all the amazing things God has done in my life and the lives of countless people around me in my last 40 years!  The older I get, the more joy I find in seeing God at work here on earth.



I have to admit that there are many days that this is hard! There are many times that things here in this fallen world look like failures or that things look hopeless. BUT....

I am so grateful for the fact that nothing, no one here is a failure or hopeless!  God created each and every one of us in His image and He loves each and every one of us unconditionally and He offers each and every one of us the same mercy and grace as the next.  And because of this, I have HOPE!

Yesterday, at church, our pastor reminded us that "God is at work!"  I so needed to be reminded of this!

We don't always see what God is doing, we don't always know why God is doing something, we don't always understand what God is doing......BUT.....we can always be assured that God is at work!!!

He is at work in ALL things!

And because He is at work, I can be assured that nothing I do in His name is in vain!  This world does not operate under my control, it operates under His!  My obedience is what He wants! So I choose to follow Him where He leads, I choose to learn His commands and I choose to live them to the best of my ability.  Will I mess up?  Inevitably, YES!!! but even in that....God is at work!!!

For the last year and half, I have poured my heart and soul into Grace Like Rain! I have seen God begin to mold and change many peoples hearts and lives. He is at work!!! He is growing me in many ways!  He is at work in my familie's lives, my neighbors, my friends, the volunteers that work with us, the families' we come in contact with and the families' that we have yet to come in contact with!  I believe in Grace Like Rain not only because of the families that we serve....I believe that God is molding the lives of many people within the community through the vision and mission.

Today, we at GLR will be going live every hour on the hour on our Facebook page.  I love celebrating my birthday through GLR because the ministry and the people I have met through it are some of the greatest gifts that God could give me!  My family and community is growing exponentially because of GLR and I love it! So hop on over today and learn about some of the great and amazing things that God is at work doing through GLR!

My hope today is that by the end of the day, many people will see that God IS at work in ALL things!!! no matter what...the end!!!

Join me today in celebrating 40 years of God at work in my life! and prayerfully many more years to come....

my word of the year is growth....I'll explain why in the next post.

Comments

Popular Posts