What is your Passion?

So that last couple of weeks have been amazing but super busy!  Grace Like Rain just hosted our 2nd Gala fundraiser and it was a huge success.  God showed up in amazing ways!  Since the gala, we have had lots of great follow ups and other meetings and presentations.  Go take a look at tour FB page to see what all has been going on.

Through all of this crazy good but busy time, my body seems to be fighting against me.  I have been fighting against headaches and pain in my neck and shoulders for a while now but a couple weeks before the gala, it got really bad.  At least once a week I am severely nauseous and have a major headache all day long. It is beginning to get better through physical therapy and some muscle relaxers to help.

Anyways, I tell you all of this because I truly view this physical set back as a way for the enemy to keep me down! Yesterday, I woke up and went to physical therapy and it was amazing but many times after leaving I feel worse for a few hours.  I really just wanted to crawl back in bed....but, I had a meeting scheduled therefore I needed to feel better.  I showed up to the meeting and was really struggling but about 5 minutes into sharing my passion and joy....my pain and nauseousness went away and my energy level skyrocketed!  We ended up sitting and talking for over 2 hours about Grace Like Rain and the surrounding passion that drives me!  I left there on a HIGH!

Those of you that know me pretty well, know that if you asking me how the GLR is going, you better be ready to sit and talk for hours.  You also know that I light up at the question.  You see, my passion for this ministry goes so much beyond what we actually do.  It weaves into every area of my life. I serve through GLR because of the passion and desire that God has created in me to love our neighbors and to help create strong relationships that withstand time and this world.


  • God and the grace that He extended through Jesus is the center of all of it!
  • Watching myself, husband and kids lives changed because of the desire to live outside of ourselves and to serve our God through loving others.
  • Seeing my neighbors, friends, and even strangers within my community getting involved and experiencing life change and hearts on fire to serve the Lord.
  • Seeing the families we serve experience grace and true love for the first time in a while or ever.

You see my passion comes out through GLR but my passion is not GLR!  My passion and fire is to: "37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37- 38
I live that passion through Grace Like Rain but it is so much more than that!  

After several conversations this week, I am seeing that my passion is to see others stirred up and moved into this very thing!  So I am asking you....

"What is your passion?" 
  • And how do you LIVE your passion in your every day life?  
  • Do you wake up thinking about it?
  • Do you talk and share it throughout your day? 
  • Do you pray about it? 
  • Do you go to bed dreaming about it?
  • Is it centered on Christ?
  • Does it remain centered on Christ and not you?
So my passion is loving God and my neighbor but GLR is the method through which I live it, the tool!  That tool could change but the passion stays the same!  So I challenge you to define your passion! and then use the tools you have to live it and then if the tools change, continue to live your passion just in a different way!  

Our tools can be stripped away from us and many times when that happens, we see it as an end to our passion or dream.....it is not because our passion has to lie in something that withstands time and this world!  If it does, then we can live our passion using whatever tools we have at the time!

I am leaving you with this video I saw this morning because it is someone who used his passion in Christ with whatever tools/circumstances where in front of him.


Grace Like Rain is stronger than ever and I pray that God will use this tool in my life to stir and move my neighbors into their passion!  




 

Comments

Popular Posts